Miscellaneous stuff

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a plant Tom sent to Eric, Eric vernalized and sent to me a month or so ago. A few weeks ago it started sending up spikes!

eff5fcd26934136aafff81d5077412c0.jpg

Spiranthes sinensis

80393809ad97e7590a552bcbc78ce0b2.jpg

Flowers are fragrant! :) hopefully the fruit flies in the kitchen will pollinate some flowers

I'll post on the 'other' images forum later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angraecum again, smells like vanilla, egg custard, gardenia!

3 fragrant species, Bulbo. cocoinum, Dend. smilliae album (I paid too much for and will now flame the vendor! :mad:, and Neobenthamia gracilis.)

Some Orphys. last time I planted in inorganic media and they dried out. This time I will try a mixed media.

Paph Becky Fouke

Magic Lantern.

My haul from the Parkside event. A Dichaea, an haynaldianum album, and a couple of yellow Restrepias from Parkside, a couple of Phrags from Mainstreet, a couple of Phrags from Woodstream (Yakima River and Coral Jewel :)), some Bletilla striatas for the backyard and a Habenaria cross from Dragon-Agro, a large Restrepia from Ecuagenera, and some supplies..+

Encyclia mariae from Mainstreet - fragrant

Dendrobium auriculatum from J&L, they weren't in bud at the open house! -very nicely fragrant!!!

Since I got some Ophrys that grow in Greek meadows I got some soil from a meadow at Parkside. I mixed it with some inorganic media and sand and potted some up. I also potted some in totally organic mix. We'll see how this goes.

Last edited:
The big Coelogyne I repotted seems to like the conditions. So much so that almost each P-bulb put out a new growth, effectively doubling the size! :mad:!!! I guess I will put it in the big 11-1/2" pot I got at Parkside!!

I had a growth knock off a paph so I put it in water to see if it would root. so far so good!

I don't grow a lot of Pleuros, so when I found this rubella someone gave me a while ago with 2 little blooms I had to photograph it.

Lockhardtia that has been in bloom for at least 6 months.

My haul from Silva's Shore-fest Den. leichenastrum, Paph. St. Swithin, Paph insigne x gratrixianum, Coel. cristata, and Ludisia (discolor) 'Supe Stripe' -obviously a hybrid!!!

Combining my Bulbo. ambrosias

My small Dendrob. auriculatum from J&L is in double bloom, smells so nice - like a laundry product!

A plate full of Restrepias that made it thru Summer-should start blooming soon.

Diachea muriacata

My first real light set-up. 2 T5's on a 24" Jump-start stand.

Big Dendro. auriculatum from AdamD

Coelogyne ovalis-going crazy in growths and spikes!!

Dendrochilum magnum

Habenaria rhodocheila

3 Paphs and a Dyakia hendersonia from Springwater Orchids.

Some Paphs from AdamD.

When the kitchen is your plant-work area!! :eek: If you find me dead one day go after my GF!!

Paph Becky Foukes

Plants from eBay vendor In-situ Orchids, very pleased with the order.

Habenaria carnea x Tracey from Springwater Orchids.

Becky Foukes previously..

Oberonia brachystachys = tiny flowers! :p

Latest posts

Back