The tatia galaxias,

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
So me casually looking around for an exotic catfish brought me to this incredible looking catfish. I don't know a lot so im not going to say things im not sure are true. but I will add some pictures of this amazing catfish, I do know they get around 4 inches.( Im getting one :ROFL: )
1592794295208.png1592794307746.png1592794316214.png

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
heres the link I forgot

Reactions: tlindsey

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
thinking I might do like 3 in a 29g

edit: will that work?
I'd assume so... I never had them before or even heard of them.. but they only get 4 inches as you've said... bigger always better but the 30 gal might be ok.. I. Not sure on dimensions of that tank tho.. 40 breeder might be a good choice

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
It's a type of wood cat so they like to be in fairly large groups. I'd say 5 or 6. They like it dimly lit, wood with lots of nooks and crannies to hide in, leaf litter on the ground helps with them also, plants. I'd get some plants that will help block the light like floating plants or if going with a deep enough substrate some larger leaf swords or if not worried about habit correctness you could do larger leaf Anubis. I have not kept this exact species but I had a small group of wood cats years ago. Cool little guys. Pretty sure I wasn't keeping them 100% proper but they seemed happy until I added a few cories. They fought a lot. So I'd do species only or maybe a small mid to upper water fish like a Rasbora or pencil fish.

Justepic

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2018
London
This catfish is awesome, I was looking at it myself. It's even better because you can breed them!

Be careful though, intermedia is often confused with galaxia, which is much more rare. Sellers will put galaxias to entice you into buying it thinking it is a very rare catfish. Here is the differences, from planetcatfish,

T. intermedia
is often confused with T. galaxias. Both species have dark base with light spots, but on T. intermedia spots are off-white and fade with age. In T. galaxias the spots are bright white, and the body is velvety black. The body shape of T. galaxias is also more slender.

Either way, both are awesome.

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store