New Tiger Severum - Heros severus "Curare"

Seedy J

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2018
Colorado, USA
ts1.jpg
ts2.jpg

After much hesitation, I picked up a little 1" long Tiger Severum (sold as Heros severus "Curare"... we'll see!) from Aqua Imports yesterday. He (or she) hasn't even been in there for 24 hours and he's already eating, exploring the tank, and getting along with his silver dollar buddies. I'll post updates as he grows.

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
I don't think the ones from Aqua Imports are from Curare. I think they're supposedly from San Felipe in Colombia. They look different than my Curare fish.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
You mean that little bumblebee looking guy? Well I’ll be, I’ve never seen a severum that looked like that I reckon. I’d love to see how he turns out, keep us updated will ya?

Seedy J

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2018
Colorado, USA
I don't think the ones from Aqua Imports are from Curare. I think they're supposedly from San Felipe in Colombia. They look different than my Curare fish.
Sounds right. They list it as Heros severus 'Curare' on their website, but the description says, "originates from the far upper reaches of the Rio Negro in Colombia, near the town of San Felipe."

You mean that little bumblebee looking guy? Well I’ll be, I’ve never seen a severum that looked like that I reckon. I’d love to see how he turns out, keep us updated will ya?
Will do!

Bob47

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2015
So far as I know the red tiger is the only one with a broken eight bar.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store