ID on an awesome Victorian

iamzrad

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2008
Southern Penn
Still trying to figure out this guy.

I think he's a mix of a hap 44 and a zebra obliquiden, but who knows.
Regardless he's awsome.
He gets to a jet black color as well as turning completely gray, but remaining red in the fins.

g/l and thanks!

iamzrad;3046531; said:
Still trying to figure out this guy.

I think he's a mix of a hap 44 and a zebra obliquiden, but who knows.
Regardless he's awsome.
He gets to a jet black color as well as turning completely gray, but remaining red in the fins.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3630/3467723886_e837bb1d82_b.jpg

g/l and thanks!
Not sure what he is, but he is a Beauty!

More Pictures of his varying colors?

1974Pantera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2008
San Carlos, Ca.
Doubt he has any sp.44 in him at all. The banding is not correct and the body shape isn't correct.

CichlidsRool

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2008
TUJUNGA,CA.SOCAL.
males are silver aqua with a small amount of red on the tail.When stressed,a chessboard pattern emerges,females are orange blotched. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Avant Garde], [/FONT]

iamzrad

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2008
Southern Penn
CichlidsRool;3052796; said:
males are silver aqua with a small amount of red on the tail.When stressed,a chessboard pattern emerges,females are orange blotched. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Avant Garde], [/FONT]
Can't be. My guy never has "blotching" patterns. And it's a male, because I also have a female zebra obliquiden and he shows off to her all the time.

CichlidsRool

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2008
TUJUNGA,CA.SOCAL.
iamzrad;3054156; said:
Can't be. My guy never has "blotching" patterns. And it's a male, because I also have a female zebra obliquiden and he shows off to her all the time.

When stressed that is when you'll see the blotching,if you haven't seen it yet that means your a great cichlid keeper.:D

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
Not an omnicaeruleus. I agree with the hybrid hap sp. 44 and latifasciata. Haplochromis sp. 44 males will have yellow barring and the latifasciata should have red on the belly. The fish doesn't display neither of these characteristics and seems to display traits of both species.

jordan007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2008
Marlborough, Massachusetts
Neochromis rufocaudalis, also known as Neochromis nigricans,also known as, Haplochromis Nigricans is a better guess I think... Let me know what You think.. I do agree with above though.. could def be a mix of hap sp. 44 and latifasciata of some sort. And you are sure it's a male??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store