Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lzrddr

Aloe flowers 1

lzrddr
13 years ago

Well you all have simply not learned your lesson, and continue to encourage me... so I will make you pay and be forced to view EVEN MORE aloe photos... I have literally tens of thousands... but since I pretty much showed you the cream of the crop of my own aloe collection, I will now punish you with the cream of the cream of the crop of other aloes... limited to the flowers (otherwise I would not even be able to pare it down to the best 1000... there are so many great aloes out there!!)... so here, in somewhat of an alphabetical order, or aloe flowers...

Aloe vera 'heterocantha' (not sure how this ended up at the first flower... but a nice one from the Huntington)

Aloe aculeata (have several photo of these... are great flowers!!)

rare yellow-green Aloe aculeata flowers (Huntington)

rare aloe aculeata variety/hybrid (again, the Huntington)

best Aloe affinis photo I have... this is a spotted green aloe fom South AFrica... but the flowers are often brilliantly colored... just I can't seem to get that across in photos

I know I showed you an Aloe africana flower from my garden, but these are spectacular tree aloes, so here's another

this is from my own garden, but still, a nice contrast to all the other huge and brilliantly colored aloes here... this is Aloe albiflora

Aloe alooides (Huntington plant)

And my best shot of one of Huntington's nicest aloes, Aloe alooides in full bloom

Aloe arborescens in the Huntington Gardens

Aloe arborescens, the yellow form, Huntington Gardens

Aloe barberae (the huge tree aloe), Huntington

another delicate dinky flower from my garden, Aloe bellatula

Aloe betsileensis (possibly a hybrid) from a private garden

Aloe brandraaiensis showing its large candelabra... other wise a boring green spotted South African species

even the super common Aloe brevifolia has some nice colored flowers

enough for now...

Comments (11)

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Very lovely!
    I saw my first blooming 'Blue Elf' at a nursery yesterday, and I was pretty excited.
    Sadly, my photo didn't quite cut it...

Josh

• rosemariero6
    13 years ago

I am happy to take blame if it will continue to encourage you. Bring it!! Oh! You did! Ha ha! LOVE all the GORGEOUS blooms! I find them fascinating...and am amazed you can name your pix when loading...SO many. I hope to be so organized one day! Thanks again!! The variety is FABULOUS!

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    13 years ago

Lovely, lovely. Thank you! The alooides is out of this world beautiful.

• lzrddr
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here are a few more

Aloe buhrii at the Huntington where all three possible flower colors were planted next to each other

Aloe cameronii

Aloe camperi 'Cornuta'

Also A camperi 'Cornuta'

Aloe candelabra (aka Aloe ferox bicolor)

Aloe capitata

Aloe castanea

And aloe castanea hybrid

and another weird Aloe castanea

Aloe chabaudii normal colored flowers

Aloe chabaudii orange flowers

Aloe ciliaris flowers

Aloe 'commutata' (not a recongnized species)

Aloe compressa (one of my own plants)

Aloe comptonii

Aloe confusa

Aloe conifera

Aloe cryptopoda

one of several Aloe 'David Verity' varieties

another Aloe 'David Verity'

Aloe daweii 'Jacob's Ladder'

Aloe debrana early

Aloe debrana a bit further along

Aloe deltoideodonta fallax

Aloe dichotoma

another Aloe dichotoma shot

Aloe broomii var tarkensis

• lzrddr
    Original Author
    13 years ago

there's lots more if anyone is interested

• rosemariero6
    13 years ago

Wow, WoW, WOW!! Interested?!? Are you KIDDING??!!! Bring it!! These are FANTASTIC pix! We couldn't do better with front row seats, no less, if we went to a garden tour!!

Loved the 3 colors of buhrii together (so rare)! The curvy castanea are neat to see. Besides the whole plant & habitat shots, I LOVE to see the blooms up close (like the Aloe 'David Verity')! A. debrana was another I had not heard of before. Nice installation. :) Thanks a bunch!

• stanofh 10a Hayward,Ca S.F. bay area
    13 years ago

DrL.how about A.cameronii or A.superaloefolia? They stand out even up here in the far north.

• lzrddr
    Original Author
    13 years ago

havent' gotten that far in the alphabet, yet... will be added in different threads to keep this one from getting to bulky to upload.

• Marie Tran
    13 years ago

Absolutely beautiful....please keep them coming.....
    Thank you so much for taking the time......I loved them all.

• stanofh 10a Hayward,Ca S.F. bay area
    13 years ago

lol-oop,I didnt realize it was in order. But,it is getting browers freezing full for me on part 1.

• aloebot
    7 years ago

The green A. aculeata is NICE! The hybrid A. castanea has flowers almost identical to my A. taurii. They differ in the splayed aspect only. My A. taurii are pretty vertical.