Accurate muscle morphs for males g8, g8.1?

ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
edited October 2021 in The Commons

Hi guys...i would like to ask for your help....im looking for a model with accurate muscle morphs for g8, g8.1 male models... the attached image is one i made almost 10 years ago using m4 and muscle morphs....and it's the closest i could wish for accurate muscle morphs... im studying anatomy for at least a decade and im a bit of dissapointed on the looks of genesis muscles.... with all due respect to the morphs vendor that have made products for genesis 8 i would like to ask if there is something im missing.... most of the morphs seems to have major issues on abs lower/upper section, obliques and where deltoid and sternum meet....

im also,wondering why genesis doesnt look at least close enough to the anatomy models that you can find at artstation etc....

is there a limitation on rigging maybe? 
thanks in advance for all the help you can provide....

D75538EE-97E0-4026-9A5B-8869F97E6FC7.jpeg
894 x 894 - 196K
Post edited by ISIKOL on

Comments

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386

Here are some results im trying to achieve but i cant find the appropriate morphs for any character....

508BD25D-7C87-4560-A063-12691A89798D.jpeg
    1913 x 1581 - 505K
    544BEA40-1BAC-4F04-9FFC-712A87BEECAD.jpeg
    1309 x 1144 - 344K
    3D68164C-51E0-4F46-9770-55FC2395097F.jpeg
    995 x 1381 - 373K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,582
    edited October 2021

Don't know how accurate it is, but i like the results I get with this character and the muscle normal maps it has https://www.daz3d.com/ronen-character-hair-and-briefs-for-genesis-8-male

I used x splitter to remove the face morph so i could use my own and it works pretty well.

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited October 2021

there are these two products which must be combined but they would work in both 8.0 and 8.1 male figures. I don't own them personally but others in the Daz PA Commercial Products - Daz 3D Forums discuss and give examples of their use of the products. In particular, you could ask them if the excessive 'cut' muscle striations can be toned down. The PA is D.Master but he hasn't been active lately.

Auto Muscle Enhancer HD For Genesis 8 Male(s) | Daz 3D

Auto Shape Enhancer for Genesis 8 Male | Daz 3D

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

i agree that ronen is possibly the closest thing to what i want...but what is the x-splitter? Never heard of it.... 

FSMCDesigns said:

Don't know how accurate it is, but i like the results I get with this character and the muscle normal maps it has https://www.daz3d.com/ronen-character-hair-and-briefs-for-genesis-8-male

I used x splitter to remove the face morph so i could use my own and it works pretty well

Which products are you reffering to? The link you gave is pointing at the commercial products...but i dont see the 2 that you re reffering to... 

nonesuch00 said:

there are these two products which must be combined but they would work in both 8.0 and 8.1 male figures. I don't own them personally but others in the Daz PA Commercial Products - Daz 3D Forums discuss and give examples of their use of the products. In particular, you could ask them if the excessive 'cut' muscle striations can be toned down. The PA is D.Master but he hasn't been active lately.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

X splitter has changed names a few times I think, but it is called Shape Splitter right now:

https://www.daz3d.com/shape-splitter

As mentioned above it allows you to isolate individual morphs from a full body morph.

• charlescharles Posts: 775

Havos said:

X splitter has changed names a few times I think, but it is called Shape Splitter right now:

As mentioned above it allows you to isolate individual morphs from a full body morph.

You can also do this without the product, there is a youtube video someplace on how to remove morph influence on specific verts from just the geometry editor.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

charles said:

Havos said:

You can also do this without the product, there is a youtube video someplace on how to remove morph influence on specific verts from just the geometry editor.

The product does not just remove the influence from particular vertices, but allows you to slowly reduce the influence in order to avoid a hard edge at the morph boundary.

• This could be what you are looking for. A lot of people have gotten good results. https://www.daz3d.com/auto-muscle-enhancer-hd-for-genesis-8-males

There is a forum post on it, as well. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/389081/auto-muscle-enhancer-hd-commercial/p1

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

ISIKOL said:

Which products are you reffering to? The link you gave is pointing at the commercial products...but i dont see the 2 that you re reffering to... 

nonesuch00 said:

Sorry, I missed them but have since added to my post. It's the 2 products @GhostOfMacBeth mentioned.

Thank you everybody for all the info and the help,you provided...i appreciate it

• TBorNotTBorNot Posts: 362

If you are into anatomy, you will quickly find the problem is that muscles in Daz do not span joints.  Muscles in real life do not connect at each end on the same bone, since it can't DO anything.  They try and fix this with some skin smoothing, and it kinda works for some poses, but the bicep is very odd looking attaching at two places on the humorus, and the latissimus attaches at two places on the torso.  Just keep your arms down and your arm bent to cover up the weird attachment thingies.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I have most of the male muscle products in the store and I'm sorry to say that none thrill me. I combine them and hope for the best, but biceps and arms are pretty scary most of the time, and even with the bend products things can get distorted.

• TBorNotTBorNot Posts: 362

This is as good as I can get, using lots of morphs.

chest002.png
    1300 x 731 - 862K
  • I've been meaning to show a sample or two of one of my muscular G8M character/morph blends.

Finally got around to setting up these 2 sample scenes using my "Sergey" figure (a blend of several characters, morph packs, Auto Muscle/Shape Enhancers, etc.)

I didn't spend a lot of effort on the posed render nor the hair, so please forgive any oddities there.

Anyway, I like the lean-ish, muscular physique on this figure.  Shown here at subd level 3, but the details still show fairly well at subd 2.

I've also included a viewport screen capture of an earlier, slightly more bulked up version of Sergey.

The figure does pose pretty well, though I do need to adjust things like lats and biceps with a couple of musculature morphs when bending the arms/shoulders.

Lee

Sergey-Sample-1.jpg
    2158 x 1500 - 1M
    Sergey-Sample-2.jpg
    2158 x 1500 - 1M
    SergeyG8M.jpeg
    1646 x 1271 - 261K
  • charlescharles Posts: 775

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

I've been meaning to show a sample or two of one of my muscular G8M character/morph blends.

Finally got around to setting up these 2 sample scenes using my "Sergey" figure (a blend of several characters, morph packs, Auto Muscle/Shape Enhancers, etc.)

I didn't spend a lot of effort on the posed render nor the hair, so please forgive any oddities there.

Anyway, I like the lean-ish, muscular physique on this figure.  Shown here at subd level 3, but the details still show fairly well at subd 2.

I've also included a viewport screen capture of an earlier, slightly more bulked up version of Sergey.

The figure does pose pretty well, though I do need to adjust things like lats and biceps with a couple of musculature morphs when bending the arms/shoulders.

Lee

Those are really good.

• MoogooMoogoo Posts: 136
    edited October 2021

well that is pretty bloody amazing 

Post edited by Moogoo on
  • leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 844
    edited November 2021

Thank you for the kind words!

Here are a couple of new test renders.  One uses Colossus as the base figure and the other is Kjaer.  Both have additional musculature/physique morphs dialed in and utilize the Auto Muscle Enhancer & Auto Shape Enhancer products.  Colossus and Kjaer are dialed down from their base shapes and the Auto Muscle Enhancer dials are applied at low-ish settings.

I hope these are useful examples of what can be done with G8M.

Lee

ColossusMix-Pose-5.jpg
    1855 x 2400 - 2M
    kjaerMix-Pose-3.jpg
    1855 x 2400 - 1M
    Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on
  • I have to agree with a few of the posters on this board that the male muscle morphs are good, but could be better.  The problem area I notice are the oblique muscles.

The following products are a must...
    • Auto Muscle Enhancer HD For Genesis 8 Male(s)
    • Auto Shape Enhancer for Genesis 8 Male
    • Colossus HD for Genesis 8 Male

I don't have any of my images to post at the moment, but from what I can remember off the top of my head... The Auto Muscle enhancer (at 100%) does make the body a little toonish for my tastes.  So I had to shorten the arm and leg length.  Like LeeMoon, I do throw in a bit of Colossus HD for some bulk (and much needed oblique definition).  Though, size down the wrists and ankles 'cos they are going to be swolen (not to my liking).  Brute 8 is also amazing!  Get the HD core characters add-ons (when on sale, of course).  Make sure to render at SubLevel 3 or 4.

Lighting and post-work is also needed in some cases for definition.  Sharpening the image will really help the little details.

Happy Rendering!

• Write Idea has great advice (see post above this one).  I also scale the wrist and ankle sizes down when applying the more beefy figures and adjust leg and arm volumes to knock out some of the swole look.  I concur about Brute 8.  He is amazing. :)

This is a render of one of my G8M characters from earlier this year.  Not a lot of bending, but the arms/shoulders and knees turned out well for this pose.  I use some bend/fold/crease morph helpers with my characters.  Those need to be dialed down sometimes or the pose adjusted if the body folds are too dramatic.  I'm still learning how to use those effectively. :)  The lighting helps to pull out the musculature details a bit.

Lee