Eartheater: Satanoperca Mapiritensis (PICS)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JK47

VERITAS A?QUITAS
Sep 1, 2008
Vancouver, WA
Real Name
Justin
I thought I would share a couple pics of my favorite fish. Satanoperca Mapiritensis are a very rare eartheater and I am lucky to own such a great fish. At 7" long it is currently in my 225 gallon but soon will be moving to the 125 gallon as a center piece with my Geophagus Sp Tapajos "Red Head".

Lemme know what you think, any comments are welcomed! :grinno:

Justin-

Sorry about the water spot...
Satanoperca Mapiritensis 02.JPG

P9210234.JPG

Satanoperca Mapiritensis 01.JPG

Satanoperca Mapiritensis 04.JPG

Satanoperca Mapiritensis 02.JPG P9210234.JPG Satanoperca Mapiritensis 01.JPG Satanoperca Mapiritensis 04.JPG

Last edited:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Love that first shot...all attitude!

abarilot

AC Members
Jun 7, 2009
By the Beach!
Real Name
Armand
Awesome! Not to often you get to see these guys! Thanks for sharing all the photos of your geos!

JK47

VERITAS A?QUITAS
Sep 1, 2008
Vancouver, WA
Real Name
Justin
Love that first shot...all attitude!
Very cool!!
Awesome! Not to often you get to see these guys! Thanks for sharing all the photos of your geos!

Thanks guys! Glad you like them. ;)

Looks like a Santanoperca leucosticta...thats the eartheater that i want.
-Alex
They do look similar to Leucosticta but I can assure you it's not. THe very small tightly packed muzzle spots, lack of barring under the dorsal, broad head and very large lips are just some of the differences between the two. I purchased it under the industries blanket ID "Jurupari" but later was ID'ed a Mapiritensis.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store