What kind of coryadora is this

I bought these Cory catfish from Petco and they were supposed to be Juli Cory catfish, but they don’t look quite like the other Juli cories I bought from petsmart. He also don’t school at all with the other catfish, so what species actually is it?

IMG_3236.png

IMG_3235.png

IMG_3234.png

Edited by gouramiami57

I don't think it's a false juli. The pectoral fin has no black spot and all of my corydoras trilineatus have that spot. Im no expert but I'd say you have something else perhaps. The other way you can tell if it's a true juli is the price lol

Also the long snout from your picture looks very different from the shorter snout of the pictures of trilineatus on planet catfish. I really suspect it's not this fish. Can we see pictures of your other Corry's? 

Both julii and trilineatus have notable black spots in the dorsal fin. I’m not sure what species this one is but I don’t think it’s either of those.  Try posting it on the Planetcatfish forum and see what they say. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2024 at 4:27 PM, bryanisag said:

Also the long snout from your picture looks very different from the shorter snout of the pictures of trilineatus on planet catfish. I really suspect it's not this fish. Can we see pictures of your other Corry's? 

These are my ‘true’ Juli catfish. As you can see they have a much shorter snout and a black marking covering the dorsal fin 

IMG_3251.png

IMG_3250.png

Edited by gouramiami57

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2024 at 5:02 PM, bryanisag said:

Looks like corydoras sodalis in some pictures on planet catfish

Screenshot_20240406-140208.png

Yeah I agree, Does anyone know how to find coryadoras sodalis? From the pictures I’ve seen it looks like the closest match. Are they hard to find ?

Edited by gouramiami57

Your best bet is going to be....

Separate them out to individual tanks to prevent cross-breeding (because they will very likely all be same lineage)

Wait for them to grow to larger size and for the pattern to actually develop.

Then try to ID them using resources like books, planet catfish, etc.

I don’t know those types of cory’s great but my first thought was a 3 striped. From the big box stores, I think they just get fish from vendors and sell them as they’re told they are, even if they’re not pure fish breeds. Sometimes if you get them from the same location, you’ll get the same vendors with same species.